Saturday, February 20, 2016

GOD'S WONDERFUL GIFT TO ME

Hi friends,

People call the wife as the better half. I call her the best half. Wife is your life. Everyone should love his wife. I love my wife. We lived in the same place, in the same street!! But we never met before our marriage. Her sister and my sister were friends. Her mother also made friends with my mother. She wanted to give her second daughter in marriage to me.

On Deepavali day in 1973, I went along with my sister to see her. She was shy, homely and beautiful. She was wearing a cream colour silk saree. On our request, she rendered a Kirthanai on Lord Ganesha and followed it up on Lord Muruga. My sister requested her another one. And she did not hesitate to sing.

Her voice was captivating and she followed the style of MLV. On the advice of her mother she sang two more songs. I did not know the nuances of Carnatic music but I loved it.  I think she was the only one on earth to sing five songs on girl seeing the ceremony. She was also interested in drawing kolams. Our marriage took place on 3rd Feb 1974.

From day one, she is attached to our family. She never wished to visit her parents. She never talked high about her people. She never hesitated to do any type of domestic chore. She gets up early in the morning and attended to all works. She is a good cook and quickly adapted to our family method. She is liked by my parents.

She never argued and she keeps her likes and dislikes within herself. She is religious and she knows many slokas. She easily mingled with my parents, brothers, and sisters and won their appreciation. She is economical and managed the family expenses within the income. She has a rich attitude and her selections are adorable.

She has a balanced approach and she is able to solve problems. She has a good sense of humor. She keeps the house neat and tidy. She is the mother of two wonderful kids. She looked after their education until their school final. She took complete charge of their marriages and celebrated to the appreciation of everyone. She is a sakalakalavalli.

I am fortunate to have her as my wife. If both the husband and wife are intellectuals there is a clash of ego. When both are emotional, there is misunderstanding and quarrel. My wife is an intellectual and I am emotional. We respect each other and we make important decisions together. Hence there is good understanding, love, affection, give and take, calm and peace.

We have lived together for 43 years. We are settled with our son. Our daughter is in the US. We have three grandchildren. We lead a contented and peaceful life. Our children are taking care of us. I wish her to live for 100 years. However, I do not know who the Lord will take first. I will suffer a lot without my wife. I cannot imagine a miserable life without her. 

I pray to Lord twice daily. My only prayer is for a peaceful death. God has given me a wonderful gift. I hope he will fulfill my prayer also.

2 comments :

  1. Priya Kartik
    Feb 20 (2 days ago)

    to me
    Good One!! Heart-felt writing.
    Amma is also gifted to have you as her husband!! You have many great qualities too. When I start listing those, you will lose your patience. :)

    ReplyDelete