Tuesday, November 15, 2016

OUR FAMILY SONG

Hi friends,

You would have heard about the family doctor. Have you heard about a family song? We have a song in our family. We have sung this song for 2 generations. It is a special song. It was nearly 40 years back, in 1976,  when my daughter was born I was on cloud nine. I sang this song to make her sleep. I did not know how to sing then.


Holding her affectionately in both my arms, close to my chest, rocking her comfortably, and making an elephant walk across the room, staring pointedly at her eyes sensing her getting into sleep was a wonderful experience. You get it once in a lifetime.


Somehow I managed because I wanted my daughter to sleep. Though people used to make fun of me, my only concern was my daughter should sleep. I was happy my daughter slept. She did not object to my singing. My wife, who was a good singer also did not object. Then why bother? I was in full flow.


Four years later, in 1980, when my son was born, I sang the same song to make him sleep. He also slept well without any objection to my singing this song. Then 19 years later, in 1999, when my first grandson was born, I sang the same song. He also slept well without showing any disliking. 


Then 5 years later, in 2004, I sang the same song when my second grandson was born. No objection from him also. Then 4 years later, in 2008, I sang the same song when my granddaughter was born. She also did not have any objection.


Five different children at five different times had accepted and loved this song and that too from a nonsinger [novice]. That shows the quality of the song for its lyrics and music lasting 40 years. Hats off to MSV. My wholehearted thanks to him for helping me to make my children sleep. I still have nostalgia for this song. Do you want to listen? Here it is. Enjoy




Actually, he learned this song from his mother

No comments :

Post a Comment